Digital marketing is the new trending topic among SEM, marketer, and blogger. Though a lot of people confuse digital marketing with traditional marketing, digital marketing is quite different.
With so many digital marketing channels to choose from, you might be confused on the best channel to choose for your products and service.
Digital marketing involves the use of electronics and internet to promote business, brands, products, and service. It involves the use of different channel in order to achieve your goal.
The goal of every digital marketer varies but the only assurance of using digital marketing is that all your campaign will be successful depending on the channel you choose and also the level of experience of the marketer creating the campaign.
In this article, I would show 4 types of digital marketing channel that you can use in the marketing of your business and service.
4 types of digital marketing
Every business owner who wants to generate profits from their business should make use of digital marketing because it helps them to find a targeted audience that is interested in their products. If the campaign is done correctly, your business revenue would increase.
- Content Marketing
A popular phrase among blogger is content is king, in the world of digital marketing, content marketing is one of the best channels of digital marketing.
Content marketing involves publishing a well-written article on your business site and driving traffic to your content.
You can drive traffic to your content by sharing your content on social media like Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook e.t.c and posting your content on forum.
A well research content can increase your business exposure and revenue. The article that you publish on your blog needs to be of high quality and make sure that you target long tail keyword with low competition to help you rank higher in the SERP.
- Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization is the step that you take on your site in order to for Google to crawl and index your post. After Google index your post, it would give your blog a ranking position in the SERP. New website has low domain authority and page authority, as a result, the ranking position would be low.
To optimize your website very well, you need:
- Create your sitemap using Yoast SEO and submit your sitemap to search engine webmaster.
- Build high-quality backlink to your website to increase your website domain authority and page authority which would increase your website ranking position in the SERP.
- Make sure that your website is optimized to receive mobile traffic. Website gives site with mobile-friendly theme higher ranking with up to 71% compared with site without a mobile-friendly theme.
- Install a free SSL certificate on your site to make your site more secure.
With up to 2 million posts being published per day, you need to follow SEO guideline if you want your site to stand out.
- Social Media Marketing
Social media is not only for you to post your picture and chat with your friends and family. Social media sites are one of the most visited sites in the world, with up to 1 billion user using social media you can leverage social media to drive traffic to your website and increase your business revenue.
Social media marketing involves the use of social media campaign to market your business service and products. If you have any products that you want to sell or if you have a problem increasing your business exposure, you can leverage social media traffic to your business by:
- Create a business account on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Or if you are using Facebook you can create your business fan page.
- Create a campaign and target your audience using age, sex, location.
- Or you can reach out to social media influencer to post about your business to their follower.
- Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing help business to achieve a high ranking above the 1st position in the SERP, this brings about an increase in the business exposure and drive traffic to your website when the user clicks on your link.
This is based on Pay Per Click (PPC) method of advertising as you only pay when the user clicks on your link. The amount they charge per click depends on the level of competition of the keyword and the location that you are targeting.