PUBG

PUBG said on Tuesday Chinese giant Tencent Games will not be the publishing partner of the favored game in India because it attempts to allay concerns of latest Delhi, which banned the sport and 117 other apps last week.

Prior to Tuesday’s announcement, Tencent Games published and distributed PUBG cuts publishing ties with Tencent Games in India. PUBG Corporation said it’s taking up the publishing rights in India, but didn’t discuss whether its relationship with Tencent changes in other markets.

Developer PUBG Corporation said it might combat publishing responsibilities in India during a bid to possess its game reinstated.

“In light of recent developments, PUBG Corporation has made the choice to not authorise the PUBG Mobile franchise to Tencent Games in India,” the developer said during a statement.

Tencent confirmed its partnerships with PUBG Corporation in other markets wouldn’t be suffering from the move.

India was PUBG’s biggest market before the sport was blacklisted with quite 175 million downloads so far .

It accounted for a few quarter of the game’s downloads globally.

India’s IT Ministry claimed last week that its decision to ban the apps was supported “credible information” that they were acting against the country’s interests.

It said it had received many complaints from “various sources” including several reports about “misuse of some mobile apps available on Android and iOS platforms for stealing and surreptitiously transmitting users’ data in an unauthorised manner to servers which have locations outside India”.

“The compilation of this data, its mining and profiling by elements hostile to national security and defence of India, which ultimately impinges upon the sovereignty and integrity of India, may be a matter of very deep and immediate concern which needs emergency measures.”

The ban comes against the backdrop of tensions along a disputed Himalayan border.

Both India and China deployed more troops to the Ladakh region in June and clashes have left a minimum of 20 Indian soldiers dead.
Call Duty Mobile developer Activision also confirmed last week it had become the newest firm to part ways with Tencent.

Activision said the choice associated with US President Donald Trump’s orders which restricted US companies from conducting transactions with Tencent and its subsidiaries.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here